When it comes to planning your wedding the details and lists of things you need to remember are endless. The part where most go wrong is assuming that once you have chosen your venue, decorators and caterers, that the big decisions are out the way and these suppliers will deal with perfecting your reception for you… WRONG. There are lots of finer details that brides and grooms often overlook when planning their perfect wedding reception either because they presume, they’re included, or they just hadn’t given them a thought.
Here’s our top list of things to remember when planning your wedding reception:
- Napkins and table linen – These are not always included in your package or price so ensure you ask and arrange alternative suppliers of them before the big day. Your suppliers may offer them as an add on, but just be aware of this within your budget.
- Glassware and Cutlery – As above not all venues or caterers will supply free of charge so it’s worth asking the question and shopping around for alternative suppliers to find the best price.
- Cake – When it comes to your cake do you get a cake stand, knife and topper included? All finishing touches and details you’ll need to consider for the cake cutting moment to go smoothly.
- Tea and Coffee – If you have a lot of older guests, they’ll be expecting a tea or coffee following the meal or before the evening reception commences. Have you arranged this with your venue, or will your caterer be supplying it? Is it free of charge or at an additional cost?
- Gift and Guestbook set up – Not always something that will take priority but something all your guests will seek out. You need to liaise with your venue to ensure there is a safe place for people to leave gifts and also enough space to leave your guestbook for guests to sign throughout the daytime and evening reception.
- Printed Materials – After your invites many think that’s the end of the stationary, but many opt to have the menu printed as part of each guests place setting. Your caterer may offer this as part of their service so it’s worth checking but if not your supplier who created your save the dates and invitations will certainly be able to help out with this.
- All the little extras – It’ll be these little extras that your guests remember, flip flops for sore dancing feet, if outdoors a blanket to keep warm, hot weather a fan to keep cool. Children guests? An entertainment pack to keep them entertained and quiet throughout the formalities.
When you book your wedding at Hyde Bank Farm, your experience starts with our wonderful wedding co-ordinator Mandy Blackhurst. Mandy has been helping guests experience the perfect day ever since Hyde Bank Farm opened its doors and she can help you with every aspect of planning to ensure that you can relax and enjoy your perfect day. We treat every wedding individually and our family run business gives personal attention to all your requests and requirements. We look forward to helping you to make your day special, memorable and beautiful.